04 April 2010

Friends and Planning

Yesterday was clinicals, but that was most definitely not the best part of the day.  I had a little mission reunion.  It was absolutely phenomenal.  I really enjoy those people's company and I think they're all so awesome.  They're spiritual, funny, intelligent, and happy people.  It turns out that Shar Mumford married Derek Stokes so that is 2 sets of missionaries from the mission that hit it off because Ernesto Escobar married Leanna Dellenbach a few years ago I got to see their daughter Azeléa.  She's gorgeous and super social.  Cute.  Matt Kiisel got married last year to Heather.  Jack Christensen had a baby a few months ago with Sausha.

It was the best to see Sister Weipert.  She is amazing and has been through a lot.  I love her very much and hope I can make time to go to San Diego and see her again.  She came up with her daughter.  I didn't think I would ever say it, since he pushed me till I broke...literally, but I wish I could see President Weipert again.  I know, though, that he's watching me and saying, "me tienes que rendir cuentas, Elder!"

That was a great day and after the reunion I gave Sebastian Palma a ride down to temple square.  They are doing tons of construction for the new city center so I am sure that the conference goers are having a crazy time.  It's General Conference weekend and the talks today were really good.  It was funny that during priesthood session before President Monson gave his talk he stopped to say that this was one of the greatest priesthood sessions he's ever been to and that we would do well to remember and follow the counsel that we received.  I really want to start reading the Ensign more.  I hope that this summer I might be able to start doing that.

There are so many parts of my life that need re-vamping.  I look at my brother Ross and think, "man, has he got it together!"  Ross plays in 2 bands, holds down 2 jobs, is finishing his baccalaureate and working on his masters all at the same time!  Plus he has a girlfriend.  I don't know how he does it and still pulls off A's in all of his classes and doesn't get depressed.  I think to myself, I am doing a course load of 16 credits, don't work, hate doing homework, get depressed on a regular basis, don't play my fiddle more than 1x per week, sleep less than 6 hours a night, and only get B's in my classes.

So tell me, how is it done?  Am I broken?  Where does my time go? I think if I tried really hard I could get things straightened out though.  I would just need a different place to live where I didn't have as many distractions.  I am going to get a job soon, probably working at the mall.  I just need some sort of income.  I live on my pell grant and student loans.  I know they say that you can go into debt on schooling but I think I've taken it to an extreme, seeing as how I am not working when I have extra hours in my day that disappear.

The plan (which needs to be implemented sooner rather than the unreachable 'some day')

Start going to the temple each week at least.  Start waking up and going to bed at a set time.  Start preparing to go to bed at a set time.  Start doing homework on campus and having set times for meals.  Take lunch to campus and have a dinner planned out.  Exercise each day.  Start making sure that my prayers are being said no matter what.  Start reading the scriptures in the morning and studying them for a set amount of time in stead of reading a chapter and forgetting about it.  Start implementing latter-day revelation and current scripture into my study.  Begin planning out times for study and setting goals that I can reach each day, week, month, semester and year.  Go on dates regularly and do not stay out till curfew.  Keep my room clean and organized.  Take care of my health through eating, exercising, and relaxing (yoga, stretching, enough rest at night, good activities).  Start working on fulfilling my calling well.  Work on my family history.

So that is the plan.  Not to be implemented someday, but this week, today...well it's too late to go to bed at a decent hour and such but I can try to get up at a good time and work on everything from there.  Alright!  (don't you just love motivation?)  I just wish I had people around who would facilitate this all.  I just have to do it I guess.

Ok, there is my spiel...as always.  I rant on things for a while.  I really want this one to work though.

No comments: