02 April 2010

I made a new blog...and no you can't see it.  As if you actually had any desire. Pshh.
So it will be the temple to my posts that are more "dear diary" than I would like you to see.  Hopefully you are not offended at my secrecy because if so, there's nothing I can do about it because I don't know that you are offended.  Anyway...
I find that I am a fan of ellipses...they just kind of make my day...but I also find that I am putting them into my
APA format papers...not a good idea.  Okay, okay, I'll stop now.
It's 0240 on a Friday morning.  That doesn't bode well for me because I have class at 0730 - in Salt Lake City.  Meaning that if I am to get ready and go in the morning, I must be up and out of the house by 0600.  It may be snowing right now, so I may be in trouble when I am driving.  My car isn't the greatest, that and I don't have any gas in it right now. 
I'm getting broker by the minute because I don't have a job and I haven't had one for almost 5 months.  I'm thinking of applying to a bunch of different places, but I don't even have a functioning rèsumè.  I haven't needed one for ages and even when I needed one I didn't really need one.  I have never gotten a job that required me to submit a resume and I don't think that I have held any good jobs for long periods of time so it seems pointless to have one.  I suppose my education and volunteer experience (as well as my love for jiu-jitsu) could be selling points.
I am thinking about my writing style right now.  It seems a bit, shall I say, detached.  I have short paragraphs, long paragraphs, ones that are not in the least bit cohesive.  I have written about a dozen topics in the 3 paragraphs in this one post.  I just don't think that writing is in the stars for me.  I am trying to get better though.  I am in my advanced writing class this semester and it is helping me a little.  Unfortunately I don't have Sabrina Hewett's help.  She was a writing fellow before her mission and she was absolutely phenomenal at pointing out mistakes, giving suggestions, and proofreading.  But her main skill is empowering!  She took all the things I did wrong and made me able to change them for the much better without really giving me a handicap.  I can't even explain it.  I wish that I could fathom what went on in her head.  Plus she didn't even have to do that for me.  I didn't take my paper to the fellows, she just offered to help me when I told her I had a paper to write.  She's amazing.
Okay, so a perfect example has just been shown you of how bad I am at writing.  But I think that with a little work, a lot of luck, and a team of proofreaders I can improve.  But since this is just essentially a journal and I don't expect you to read it, it isn't as though I have to try to impress you with my abilities.  It's obvious by the lack of comments that people don't feel the need to read this blog, so I will just not worry about it.
My day had a nice twist in it.  At 1700ish Emily Romesser called me up and asked for help to surprise her roommate/best friend/MoH, Emily Davis.  She wanted to do something nice for her on April fool's day because in previous years she and others have pranked her so bad that it has come up years later.  Well, as soon as ED got home from school she was blindfolded, kidnapped, and whisked away to ER's boyfriend, Tyler Brown's truck.  I was in the back seat, quiet as a mouse, we were on our way to the Olive Garden but on the way ED felt bad because she said that she would call me.  Well, still blind folded, she called me and I decided to answer into her ear from the back seat.  (I think to myself...I am kind of a creeper.)  It all went well and we had a nice double dinner date.
The end.

1 comment:

Janette said...

jeff, I don't comment very much but I do read your blog every time you post!