06 April 2010

What a long and arduous day.  I could have easily planned it better throughout the last week but I instead put it off until the day before:  N300 take-home mid-term exam.  That was absolutely horrendous.  So, that just put a kink in my Monday, but fortunately I have it done and I feel pretty good overall.
This morning was the BYUSNA binder exchange so that the new board can take over...or move over, like me.  I gave up my 2nd VP binder for a newsletter editor binder.  Hopefully I will be better at this than I was as a 2nd VP.  I am not getting many people who want to take pictures for the "Stethoscoop" (which is, by the way, probably the dumbest name for a newsletter I have ever heard).  And I am sure that I will have even fewer people who are willing to write articles for the scoop.  I will try to get the name changed and hopefully encourage people to be in the SNA and get involved in all of the activities.  Unfortunately, the SNA puts on activities and everyone comes no matter how many people sign up for the association.
It's okay, and I enjoy working with the SNA; I don't enjoy the class that I took and failed, but hopefully one day I will be able to get that expunged.  It is a black mark on my transcript for sure.  This semester and last were just despicable.  I  withdrew from a class this semester and failed a class last semester.  It's  amazing that 1 credit of F still takes you down 0.03 GPA points.  I am just hoping that I can still get the scholarships and pell grants that I need.
This spring and summer are frustrating because it is the first time that I haven't gotten a full tuition scholarship in the spring and summer.  But I hear that no one got a full scholarship.  I believe BYU is trying to spread the wealth and the economy is doing poorly.  I imagine that if I were from a different country I would get a scholarship.  If you haven't heard of it yet, I encourage you to go to youtube and look up indoctrinate-u.  It is a documentary about universities and their "fairness."  It is really interesting.  It is in 11 parts I think, or you can go to indoctrinate-u.com and download the digital DVD for 10 bucks.  It's a good investment I think.  My brother Colt got me into it.
I have been thinking about getting my car insured through the army and since I could put my address as his address in Montana, I think that it could work.  I will have to ask him and get it done.  It seems a shame to have to give up the great hunting and fishing of Montana too.  But I don´t get out to do much here.  Maybe I should just get the residency so that I can fish.  No, no, I have to think of the bigger picture.  It´s more important to have cheap insurance and cheap meat...yeah.

buenas.

No comments: