29 June 2010

Detoured

Top 5 things about being back in Provo:

5. I'm sleeping on a bed...although, the mattress in Mesa, AZ was divine...thanks Chris!
4. Cool roommates/friends/acquaintances/strangers...though I am debating whether this one makes the top 5 because there were some AWESOME people in San Diego and Mesa that I hope I get to see sometime in the near future.
3. Hopefully finding a job soon.
2. Getting to ride my bike!
1. You knew this one was coming...Being with Alia.

It was great...I pulled into town around 8:30am on Sunday and when I went to S109 Alia was practically bouncing off the walls.  :)

Top 5 things from the drive (not the one between San Diego and Mesa, but Mesa and Provo):
5. Listening to and screaming the lyrics of Good Charlotte with Mallorie.
4. Rising up and dropping down thousands of feet many times within a few dozen miles.
3. Missing the heat of the AZ desert because we took off at 8:30p (AZ time) and got home at 8:30a (UT time).
2. Driving for miles and miles under a full moon through the desert with the lights off (that's hypothetical...as if anyone would ever do that).
1. Stopping on the bridge over the east end of the Grand Canyon; throwing rocks into the air and waiting the 7 seconds for them to hit the water; the gunshot noise they made as the sound echoed up the canyon wall.

That was a great end to a great trip.  And I am so glad we took the "long way home."  Chris is the bomb, so is his roommate, so is Mallorie, so are Michael, Canada, and their families.  I love you all.

No comments: