24 June 2010

Sprinting

Crappy Californian Sprint salesman!

But first, my stupidity.

Top 5 ways to waste lots of money in SoCal:
5. Theme Parks.
4. Go to buy 1 new tire and buy 4 new tires and 2 new rims.
3. Get your brand new wheels aligned.
2. Buy a brand new phone at full price because you jumped in the ocean with your old one in your pocket.
1. Get swindled.

I walked in and was told that I would have to pay at least 230 for a new phone.  Well a different sales associate wanted to help me (himself) out.  There was a used phone in the back that he sold me for 40 bucks...cash...as we stood outside the store.  Fine, but the phone was crap and the battery died almost instantly.  I went back and said that I was just going to buy the new phone.  There's a discount of 20% when you buy 2 accessories and when I said that he said, I'll give you 25.  I looked for cheap accessories and couldn't find anything (I didn't want or need any of the crap).  He said, "just get one and you'll get the discount."  The cheapest thing was a 40 dollar sleeve that he said he'd give me for 20.  Hmmm.  In the end I paid full price for the phone (no 25 or 20% discount) and he stuck a 20 dollar bill (1/2 what I gave him earlier) in the sleeve.  I just wanted out of the store.  I think that if I had made him mad he would have canceled my account or something.  Wow, hopefully my mom doesn't read this, she would be thoroughly disappointed in me.

I love California.

No comments: