03 August 2010

Meet me: The Yogi

Top 5 things about Yoga:
5. I can do it wherever I want...at least some form of yoga (breathing, meditating, learning, stretching, etc.)
4. It is something that I can work at for life.
3. It will help me become more healthy in body (which needs a lot of help), mind, and spirit (as it fits very well into an LDS philosophy).
2. There is a lot of help (books, youtube, yogatoday.com, etc.).
1. It is fun and challenging.

Top 5 things about being employed:
5. Money
4. Keeps your mind occupied...well, not my job, because I do laundry all day which is just repetition of the same thing over and over and over...
3. Gives you time to think. :)
2. Allows you to have income and thus create a budget.  What a good idea.
1. Helps you to structure your time and causes you to need to use the time that you have wisely.

I have been getting ready to go for a long bike ride.  a couple hundred miles.  But I need to remember to ask my boss for the time off.  I need two days or more.  It will be a bike ride from here in Provo to Zion's Nat'l Park.  There I will meet up with Joseph, Alia, and any or all of the following: Mallorie, Zach, Lauren, Liz, BreeAnne, and whoever else we feel like inviting.  In order to prepare I have been riding an hour solid and will continue to do so at least 3 times during each week and hopefully a 2 hour ride on Saturdays.  I don't feel like I will be in good enough shape but I know I can push myself through just about anything and in the end if I don't make it I will just have one of the people drive highway 89 and pick me up on the way down.  That is why I am only taking 2 days off work.  I will take off after work on Wednesday and ride until I can't see anymore...hopefully I will be able to camp on the side of the road somewhere.  I will wake up early on Thursday and ride as long as I can see.  Friday I hope to get to the Park sometime just after noon.  I don't know when the others will get there but if they get there around noon we can all do a hike, do another on Saturday and go home that night or Sunday morning...depending on how much it costs to camp and how everybody feels.  I'm excited.

1 comment:

Janette said...

Jeff, you are crazy. But good luck with your bike ride. Please don't die.