23 June 2010

Top 5

I've decided that (at least for this post) my blog shall now come in a series of top 5 lists.

Top 5 things that happened on my trip to California today:
5. I sunburned my left arm and not my right so that it now looks quite odd.
4. I found out that my car doesn't get 30 miles to the gallon...it gets 40. :)
3. I saw a lone but very bright and happy sunflower on the side of the interstate and it reminded me of Alia.
2. I made it to San Diego with out dying (which is quite a feat considering that I only have a driver's side mirror and my car was so packed with Canada's stuff that I couldn't use my rear view mirror for anything.
1. I consoled a crying child whose mother stepped outside.  (At Mallorie's sister's house there were about 14 children under 9.)

Top 5 (and perhaps the only 5) things I ate today:
5. sunflower seeds
4. water
3. a bacon/egg/pepperjack cheese omelette
2. a double double (animal style), fries (animal style), and a vanilla shake...normal style
1. Phil's BBQ: 1st course 5 babyback ribs and potato salad, appetizer onion rings and baked beans, 2nd course a 'Broham' (a 3/4 lb or more of pulled pork on a bun), dessert another onion ring and a mint toothpick.

Top 5 things since my last post:
5. I learned to play Settlers of Catan
4. A stupendous bike ride up Rock Canyon and Squaw Peak trails...and DOWN AGAIN!
3. We had an excellent show for our final in my songwriting and bluegrass classes.
2. I bought a new pair of cowboy boots
1. I am now dating Alia Strickling

Top 5 movies...in the recent past...that I can remember:
5. Robin Hood (Disney cartoon)
4. Serenity
3. Toy Story 3
2.The Usual Suspects
1. Prince of Persia
P.L. I do not endorse watching rated 'R' movies without a filter or edit

A great post, if I do say so myself.

No comments: