13 November 2010

My blog is pictureless...that doesn't mean it's boring.

Top 5 things about the MTC:

5. It's so dang close to my apartment
4. Mixing in funny things about yourself in the scenario you're given
3. The missionaries are awesome
2. The chance to really speak Spanish again
1. Feeling the Spirit

I guess I didn't say that this is based solely on the opportunity to give service to the missionaries.  I went last night to volunteer at the Teaching Appointment or TA or Teaching Resource Center or TRC, whatever it is these days.  It was very fun and amazingly enough, the two Elders that taught me are going to PARAGUAY!  (Not my mission but the next best thing.)

I would have liked to have gone when my friend Katrina's missionaries were there but as luck would have it I am at work at that time.  Maybe next semester when I don't have the same schedule...then again, she might as well.  Whatever, it was a gay old time.

Top 5 video games:

5. Super Mario Bros. Wii
4. Halo ODST or Reach
3. Call of Duty: World at War - Nazi Zombies
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
1. The N-Game

In reality I don't play all that much but I was a little bored sitting in my front room and gaming popped into my head.   We don't have a Wii, but Adam Murphy did.  I think I only played SMBW once but it was a lot of fun.  If I had to rank these in hours of gameplay I think that Warfare 2 is on top but it could be Halo.  Either way I'm not that into them when others aren't playing.  I only have a PS2 so when I move out of my apt. I doubt I'll play much of anything (hopefully).

One more top 5 before I go...
Top 5 things I've done in the past 2 weeks
(This will be tough, because I really like a lot of the things I did.  I will also be treading on thin ice because several people mentioned here may read this...just know that I did not [necessarily{wow, I need a lot of disclaimers}] rank them as to how much I like the people, but by my love of the activity and how much fun that particular instance was for me.)

5. Went to the MTC to volunteer
4. Watched Gattaca with Gabby, Chely, Richard, and Alex
3. Went to Divine Comedy with Jeanette
2. Playing Mando, Fiddle, Guitar, banjo with my friends Katrina, Garrett, Alex, Steve, and many more
1. Rock climbing at the Quarry with Annie and Sophia

Interesting, the most fun was had while with friends.  Also interesting is that I have been playing more music lately and I got a call yesterday from Katie Dellenbach's manager.  He informed me of a gig in Price that Katie would like me to play so I will be practicing on Wednesday after clinical and performing Friday after work (I will actually have to leave work early to get there in time.  I am supposed to be there at 4:30, I normally get off on Fridays at 5 and it's a 2-hour drive away.  I think it'll be a great show; Jordan Rose is on the drums, Alex Vincent on the mandolin, me on the fiddle and maybe the banjo (I have to recover that instrument from Simon), and someone I do not know on the bass.  Plus, the pay will almost cover my gas money (I am going to try to carpool).

No comments: